The drive-in testing facility in Schönried will open for the last time on Saturday, 3 April. After that, people will have to go to the hospital in Zweisimmen or to the drive-in testing facility in Thun for PCR tests.
The drive-in testing facility in Schönried, which was opened due to the high tourist season in the Simmental-Saanenland region and thus to relieve the Zweisimmen hospital, will now be closed after a little more than three months.
The drive-in corona test centre in Schönried opened on 24 December 2020 thanks to the great commitment of Spital STS AG and with the support of the RFO Saanen. Since then, over 4400 PCR tests have been carried out.
The testing facility in Schönried will be open for the last time on Saturday, 3 April 2021, after which 40 to 45 people per day will be able to undergo a PCR test at the hospital in Zweisimmen as before the high season.
Where to go for a test if you live in the Simmental-Saanenland region
1. You need a swab, and you have symptoms consistent with Covid-19 disease:
- If you need urgent/immediate medical help, call 144 (emergency number) or the Zweisimmen hospital emergency (058 636 99 98).
- If you have symptoms, call the Zweisimmen Hospital (058 636 90 00) to arrange an appointment. The following information is required for registration: personal contact details, health insurance, insurance card number. The opening hours are as follows: Monday to Friday from 9am to 11am, 1pm to 3pm, and Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 11am.
- For more information, go to www.spitalzweisimmen.ch/corona.
2. If you do not have any symptoms consistent with the Covid-19 disease but need a swab at the recommendation of the cantonal doctor, the contact tracing or because of a report through the SwissCovid app, then call the Zweisimmen hospital (058 636 90 00) for an appointment. The following information is required for the registration: personal contact details, health insurance company, insurance card number.
For more information, go to www.spitalzweisimmen.ch/corona.
3. If you do not have any symptoms consistent with Covid-19 disease but want a swab or need one to travel abroad, register for a Covid-19 swab at the drive-in testing facility in Thun at https://Covid.spitalstsag.ch.
Based on AvS/Spital STS AG