Due to the steep rise of positive coronavirus tests in the canton of Bern, the cantonal government issued a range of additional measures this afternoon, most of which with immediate effect.
The number of positive cases in the canton of Berne has seen a steep rise over the last days and weeks. It has now doubled in less than a week with 2402 new cases within the last seven days. The cantonal government has therefore decided to take more far-reaching measures than have been in place to date on a national level.
As of Friday, 23 October at midnight the following additional measures take effect:
- All gastronomical venues must close between 11pm and 6am.
- No more than 4 people are allowed per table in restaurants.
- Public venues such as museums, fitness centres, bars, clubs, concert venues, swimming pools, and cinemas must close unless they belong to a hotel and restrict acces to hotel guests.
- Trainings and competitions in amateur sports are not permitted.
- Events of more than 1,000 people are not permitted.
- Public and private event with more than 15 people are not permitted.
All measures issued on 18 October 2020 remain in place.