The regional crisis management group (RFO) has confirmed that a guest staying in the Saanenland was tested positive for the coronavirus in Geneva. According to the RFO, the person concerned is no longer in the region.
In accordance with instructions, the case was reported to the federal administration, where reference was made to the current recommendations and behavioural measures. Yesterday, the canton of Bern provided information on the latest recommendations and measures in connection with the coronavirus. The aim of the measures is to slow down the spread of the virus and to protect risk groups.
The behaviour guidelines, which were recommended by the federal government and which the canton of Berne fully supports, primarily aim at the personal responsibility of all residents. Only persons whose state of health makes this absolutely necessary should consult a doctor. The same applies to visiting emergency wards in hospitals. People with fever and cough stay at home for up to 24 hours after the symptoms have subsided. People in close contact to someone with symptoms are not quarantined, however.
Extract from the press release of the canton of Bern of 9.3.2020
- In general, only people whose state of health makes it absolutely necessary go to a doctor.
- Doctors only refer patients to an emergency ward or hospital if the state of health makes it absolutely necessary.
- Self-isolation: People with symptoms such as fever and cough should stay at home for up to 24 hours after the symptoms have subsided. People in close contact to someone with symptoms are not quarantined. They observe their state of health themselves. If symptoms occur, they also stay at home until 24 hours after the symptoms have subsided completely.
- Isolation at home: Persons whose infection with the coronavirus has been confirmed by laboratory tests (confirmed case) should stay at home if their general condition permits. Duration of isolation: 48 hours after the symptoms have subsided, provided that at least 10 days have elapsed since the onset of symptoms. If the state of health so requires, isolation is carried out in a hospital.
- Self-quarantine: People close to a confirmed case should stay at home for five days after the onset of symptoms in the sick person.