Well that's it from us for this part of the summer. It's been an odd one, with miserable weather to start, following by sunny hot conditons for most of July. Business about town has been odd too, with some of the higher-end hotel properties suffering sharp falls in occupancy rates while the 3-starers are breaking all records. Rialto terrace half-empty on a warm Friday night before National Day? Indeed the noticeable increase in guests escaping the heat in the Middle East has been among the few saving graces for the tonier boutiques on the Promenade. But fact is Gstaad is still a great place to be in the summer, to see old friends and familiar faces, and to simply relax with family. We'll be back towards the end of August, and we'll leave with you the usual compendium of summer reading...
Most read articles since the end of the winter season 2010:
1. Bernie Ecclestone: "Here comes the hobbit with the Beatle haircut."
2. New world disorder
3. More photos from the Gstaad Symposium
4. Montblanc to unveil new diamond jewellery collection in Gstaad
5. Guest community concerned about over-development in Gstaad
6. Flash flood leaves scenes of destruction in Saanen
7. Taki: Madoff's make away
8. New pavilion of Gstaad Catholic church inaugurated
9. Taki: on the World Cup and the Greek bailout
10. Gstaad: Boom town
11. Taki: on Tatler’s Gstaad who’s who
12. Alpina construction to begin this spring
13. New sign for Saanenland
14. Kirsty Bertarelli speaks with London's Daily Mail
15. Glacier 3000: rider flies out of Alpine Coaster
16. Flat-rate tax of canton Bern in danger
17. Menuhin Festival Gstaad 2010 Program
18. Lorenz Bach to open another Promenade boutique
19. Hotel Alpina Gstaad construction update
20. Transafricaine rally apéro draws a crowd
21. Gstaad Yacht Club Car Rally
22. Aiglon College reaches out to Gstaad
23. Bertarelli family relocates to Gstaad-Saanen
24. Taki: Merry Old England No More
25. Vandalism blights Gstaad's Promenade
26. Kirsty Bertarelli presents her new CD
27. Remember Peter Burri from the Rialto Gstaad?
28. Living in Gstaad
29. The truth about Federer’s Gstaad cow
30. Is Gstaad recession proof?