Happy Holidays from GstaadLife.com
Everyone here at GstaadLife.com would like to take this opportunity to wish all our readers Happy Holidays!
We’d also like to thank you for joining us online over these past months. We thought it might be fun to close out the year with a list of the 20 most popular stories of the year. But then we discovered that all the top 20 stories came from our daily coverage of the Transafricaine Rally back in November. While that’s great for our egos, it makes for a boring top 20 list, so here is the list of the top 20 non-rally articles of 2006:
1. Taki on Gstaad summers in the line of fire
2. Distant memories of schooling in Gstaad
3. Saanenland remains a gourmet’s paradise; so says GaultMillau
4. Why the Chlösterli will never be what it once was...
5. Saanenland ambulance service under threat; newspaper editors clash
6. Geneva-New York on Swiss: the beginning of the end?
7. Igloo village to open on the Eggli
8. From Saanenland to Arizona
9. GstaadLife recommends...pausing live TV
10. Ex-Palace director Hansruedi Schärer dies at 71
11. Chalet Kählen foreclosure sale sets new record
12. Weather challenging smooth opening of new glacier facilities
13. Swiss ski resorts try to fight high price image
14. An (opinionated) guide to going out in Gstaad
15. Gstaaders feature on Bilan’s list of Switzerland’s richest
16. In defense of Gstaad
17. Gstaad finally a winter wonderland: Eggli and Glacier open for skiing
18. GstaadLife recommends saying “Yes” in Bern Airport vote
19. The best hotel receptionists are in Gstaad
20. The winds of change blow through America
And here are the 10 most popular categories of 2006:
1. Transafricaine Rally
3. Living in Gstaad
4. Property of the week
10. Winter Sports
We’ll be back on January 8 with all the latest, including exclusive party pictures from the holidays. Click "Comments" below to let us know what you'd like to see more (or less) of in our Gstaad/Saanenland coverage for next year. See you in 2007!